Friday, April 22, 2016

Waikiki Beach - Clique Kits

Hello blogging friends!

I am so excited to be kicking off the May Clique Kit inspiration!! Have you see the kit? It features the Fancy Pants Designs Attwell collection AND the Basic Grey Urban Luxe collection plus lots of Clique exclusives. I LOVE it all!

  9029675_orig

Those Urban Luxe papers were talking to me. I thought they would be perfect for scrapping photos of Honolulu from our recent trip to Hawaii and what could be more urban luxe than Waikiki Beach ...

  WaikikiBeach_CK 

 My favorite pattern paper from the Urban Luxe collection is that floral background paper. I tore the piece of corrugated cardboard so the edges would be distressed. I added a little gesso to soften the edges. Then I placed another piece of pattern paper on top. I clustered two smaller photos in the lower left corner and placed a larger photo in the opposite corner.

  WaikikiBeach_Detail1

This die cut is one of the Clique exclusive cut files this month. I love how intricate it is. The flair in the kit this month is part of the Attwell collection. There is even a fabulous roll of yellow chevron washi tape!

  Waikiki_Sneak3

Here is another flair button from the kit along with these fabulous Richard Garay matte enamel dots. I used a couple of the tags behind my photos to hold my journaling.

  Waikiki_Sneak 

 The heart is one of the Clique exclusive ephemera die cuts. I combined it with more enamel dots and a puffy arrow sticker.

  Waikiki_Sneak2 

 We recently had a user in the Clique Facebook group ask how to import the Clique cut files into the Silhouette software. She had just gotten a Silhouette Cameo!!  I wanted to share with you my method of storing my Clique cut files in my Silhouette library. I like to be able to browse through all my designs. It reminds me of files I might otherwise forget about. I created a folder just for my Clique Kit cut files. To create a new folder, right click on My Library, select New Folder. Give your folder a name (like Clique Kits). Then left click your new Clique Kits folder to select it. The right side should be empty (if you just created the folder).

  Silhouette_CKfolder

To extract your downloaded files. Open up the zipped file and select which ones to extract and click the Extract button. If you do not have the deluxe software version that allows you to cut SVGs, you want to look for the Studio files.

  ExtractFiles

Now open your download directory where your unzipped files are located. Arrange your windows so you can see both your downloaded files (on the left) and your Silhouette Clique Kits folder (on the right). Select one, (or a range of files you want to move) drag the files to the Silhouette Clique folder. I store my printables and cut files together.

  DragToSilhouette 

 It's really that easy!  

 I hope I am getting you all excited to receive your May Clique Kit! Thanks for stopping by.

~Marcia
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!