Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Pi Day - Clique Kits

Hello blogging friends.


It's Clique Kits Pep Rally time! We have some awesome inspiration for you starting on the Clique Kits blog. This month's kit Origins featured the Simple Stories Life In Color and Carpe Diem collections. Take a look...

and here is today's line up...

Sandy Gonzalez http://craftythought.com

I've felt like I am in a scrapping rut since returning from vacation in Hawaii. I stare at my papers and can't seem to decide what photos, what design, ... so when Erica shared this sketch I thought I should give it a go too. Especially since I loved what everyone else was creating with it. Here is the sketch by Sasha Farina for October Afternoon.


It's trendy and fresh, and just what I needed. Here is my layout...


I cut my paper with my paper trimmer, but it would have been so much easier to have used my Silhouette (if I had thought of it!). The diagonal cut was too long for my trimmer. 

This is my friend and co-worker Margaret whom I just recently lost to brain cancer. She was diagnosed in September, had surgery to remove most of her tumor, did chemo and radiation, but by January the tumor had regrown. 

Margaret and I met at the University where we were taking a computer science class. Near the end of the semester we discovered we were both going to work for the same company, Control Data. For the past 30 years, she was my lunch time workout buddy. Every time she traveled, she would bring me back something. Most of the time it was just a piece of chocolate :)  She loved to bake and was always giving me recipes as well as samples.

So when Siemens started this Pi Day bake off contest in 2012, you can't imagine her excitement. Of course she insisted I bake a pie too, so I did. Here we are with our pies :)


I am sad to say I don't have any pictures of us together! Friends for 30 years and not one picture together :(   In my defense, Margaret is not a picture person. She would not want to be in a selfie. While she had a cell phone for work, I never once saw her use it to take a picture. I had to beg for these pics from a lady in charge of the Siemens employee recreation club.

so let's talk about the layout already! I loved the clear stickers and those bright yellow hearts that were included in the kit. The brads were from my stash.


The die cuts in the ephemera pack were awesome too...


I loved that the Bella Blvd sticker sheet had lots of letters and numbers. I thought I was being oh so clever here with my Pi enumeration. That yellow chevron washi tape is from the May kit ... so be watching for it to come to you too. I really love how that washi tape looks on this layout!


So, leave a comment and you will be entered into our Pep Rally giveaway :)
Next stop is Kim Oedekoven .

Thanks for stopping by!
~Marcia

11 comments:

  1. So I thought the photo was one photo of the two of you together! It wasn't till I read the post that I realized it was two photos! I love your take on the sketch!! So glad you gave it a try!! So awesome to see all the layouts with that sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout, Marcia! Great take of the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a touching story and a beautiful layout of a very fun tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome tribute to your friend! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the story of your page, Marcia! What an awesome tribute to your friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is just awesome! Great idea with those numbers :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this layout, marcia! your take on the sketch is perfect and i really love the way you did your title work and pi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry for your loss. I teally like this sketch - and your take on it

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry about your friend, but you've created such a lovely and cheerful layout.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!