Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Make Today Ridiculously Amazing - Simple Stories


Hello blogging friends! I am so excited to share some Simple Stories Carpe Diem layouts with you today. This collection is gorgeous with those bright colors mixed with the black and white pattern papers. 

For my first layout, I really wanted to make a pretty, girlie scrapbook page that showcased the beautiful floral pattern paper. The title for this layout Make Today Ridiculously Amazing comes from one of the Bits & Pieces elements. It really goes with the theme of this collection, Seize the Day. Take a look ...


I used a piece of black cardstock as my background and used the diagonal pattern paper as a border. I think the black really makes those bright colors pop. I softened the look with a white die cut doily and also some white die cut leaves and flowers, Sprinkled among the pretty die cuts are some Carpe Diem Bits & Pieces, Bradz and Enamel Dots. Digital cut files for the die cuts came from JustNick and 17Turtles.


A Chipboard Frame tucked in under the lower right of the photo helps to frame it. There are lots more Bits & Pieces here along with more Bradz, Enamel Dots, and a sweet little twine bow.


With so much layering at the top, I left the bottom half of my layout clear of embellishments so you can really appreciate that pretty floral pattern.


For my second layout I wanted to showcase the fun side of the Carpe Diem collection and I mixed in a piece of yellow from the Life in Color collection. This one is titled Shine Bright. What could shine more than the sun? so I added a big die cut sun on my layout.


I love adding machine stitching on my layouts. Here I stitched the sun rays.


A Chipboard Frame made a nice frame for my photo. Look how fun this chipboard lightbulb is!


I love layering the 4x6 Element pattern paper pieces. This one had an adorable quote choose to Shine. My title Shine Bright is a combination of a Silhouette die cut and the Carpe Diem alpha stickers. 


Thanks for stopping by today. I had so much fun playing with this collection. I know you will love it too. 



Products Used:

Carpe Diem

Life In Color

2 comments:

  1. Both these pages are absolutely gorgeous!!!! Pinning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both but that floral just pops on the black - gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!