Sunday, August 30, 2015

Anna Griffin Cards - Xyron tutorial

Hello blogging friends!

I have a couple of cards to share today that I created with the Anna Griffin Pretty Paintings Card Making Kit and Xyron adhesive. Not yet available for purchase, this gorgeous kit is going to be featured on HSN on September 8th. The coordinating pieces of this kit make it easy to create beautiful cards. Take a look at what I created ....



Having gold fever of late, I added a gold die cut doily to the first and ornate gold flourishes to the second. I adhered these die cuts to the cards using the new Xyron Creative Station. Let me show you the best way to adhere intricate cuts like these...

Supplies you will need:
Xyron new Creative Station with 9" and 5" permanent adhesive
Xyron Mega Runner
Xyron Adhesive Dots

Anna Griffin Pretty Paintings Card Making Kit
American Crafts Gold Foil Cardstock
Metal dies

Step 1.  I ran a piece of gold foil paper through my Xyron Creative Station with the 5" permanent adhesive loaded inside. I love being able to use the same machine with 5" and 9" adhesive rolls.


Step 2.  Peel off the top plastic sheet and arrange metal dies on foil paper. Place the die cut sandwich into your die cut machine and roll it through.


Step 3.  Do the same with the doily die.


Step 4.  Placing the adhesive on the paper first, means that when you peel off the paper backing, no adhesive residue needs to be weeded out.


Step 5.  Place the die cuts in the center of the cards. I elevated the middle panel using foam.


Step 6.  There is a separate sheet of paper with the sentiment that needs to folded in half and inserted inside the cards.


Step 7.   I used my Xyron Mega Runner to adhere the sentiment paper to the inside of the card.


Step 8.   Add other die cut pieces and ribbon from the card making kit. Xyron adhesive dots are the best way to adhere the ribbons.



Thanks for stopping by.
~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!