Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Top Dog Dies Tutorial

Hello blogging friends! I have a super easy Top Dog Dies tutorial for you today. It's one of those things were you'll think "Why didn't I think of that?" I want to show you how easy it is to adhere intricate dies like the cross I used on this card....


I created this card for my brother-in-law. If you follow my blog you know that he has been battling bladder cancer for about  18 months. On this journey, he has found God. He was to have received the sacraments of Baptism, First Communion, Confession, and Confirmation on Holy Saturday. Unfortunately, he has been hospitalized again and required surgery last week. I will still give him the card. His journey has not been easy and I want him to know that with God all things are possible.

The sentiment by Lori Whitlock was printed with my Silhouette Cameo using a gold sketch pen. I then added some blue watercolors over the top starting with a light blue at the top and gradually getting darker at the  bottom. When it was dry, I die cut the edge using the Top Dog Dies Chelsea Signature die.


The gorgeous Top Dog Dies Cross die is the focal point of my card....


Because this die is so intricate, it can be difficult to adhere without getting glue residue everywhere. Here is my trick.

1. Cut a piece of cardstock just large enough for the cross die. Run it through your Xyron Sticker Maker. I am using the 2.5" Sticker Maker, but Xyron makes a 5" and a 9" one as well.


2. Set the die on top of the paper and make your sandwich for die cutting. (Remove plastic from the top first if necessary.)


3. Run the die through your die cutting machine.


4. Remove die and punch out any remaining negative parts. Look.... no glue residue!!!


5. Peel off the paper backing when you are ready to use it and adhere to the Cross base.


6. I did not have to weed out any excess glue residue!


Just remember to use your Xyron first and die cut second!

Supplies:
Top Dog Chelsea Signature Die
Top Dog Dies Cross Die set
Xyron 2.5" Sticker Maker
Silhouette Cameo
Lori Whitlock cutting file (use gold sketch pen instead of blade)
watercolors
Moxie pattern papers
White and Gold cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by,
~Marcia


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!