Thursday, March 5, 2015

Go Kart Fun - Imaginisce Family Fun

Hello blogging friends! I have another Imaginisce Family Fun layout to share with you today. There seems to be no end to all the kinds of family activities that can be scrapped with the Family Fun collection! Today, I used the B sides of the papers for this layout. I was inspired by the black and white checkerboard paper. I immediately thought, that would be great paper for my son's Cub Scout Pinewood Derby pictures, but then remembered I had Go Kart pictures from a trip to Wisconsin Dells. These pictures were actually from a Girl Scout troop getaway, but fun is fun right? Either with family or friends... and Family Fun has it covered. 


This layout is based on a sketch by the talented Suzanna Lee. Here is that sketch.



I loved Suzanna's sketch, but felt like I needed more white space to suit my style. This is where a sketch sometimes makes you think outside of the box. I decided to doodle along my layout edges. This allowed me to stay true to the sketch. I settled on some straight lines interspersed with the word 'VROOM'. I am quite happy with the result. I may have to doodle on my layouts more often. I also used my Imaginisce i-Top tool to create some custom brads for my layout. The i-Top is a great way to add some dimension. Here are some detail shots.
 

I found this racing frame in the Silhouette on-line store and knew immediately it would be perfect for this layout. Some ZigZag stitching adds a little bit of a grungy feel and those embellishments in the upper corner of the photo cover up a gentleman who I really didn't care to have on my layout, lol. The foam Thickers in red add just a little bit to draw your eye in. I love those chevrons.


Supplies:
Imaginisce : Pattern Papers, Die-Cuts (Family Fun), I-Top, small and medium Brad Daddies, small and medium I-Top punches, Red Foam Alphabet Thickers, Foam Adhesive
American Crafts: Cardstock, Slick Writer (black)
Silhouette Cameo
Brother Sewing Machine
 
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I love all the bright colors of this collection and your doodling just draws you into the page....LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!