Sunday, December 14, 2014

Elf Frame - Xyron Tutorial

Hello blogging friends. I have the cutest elf frame to share with you today that I created with the Pebbles Home For Christmas collection, a SVGcuts file, my Silhouette, and of course Xyron adhesives!


I told you it was adorable! This frame is perfect for gifting a grandma, or heck, make it for yourself. It would look great on a fireplace mantel.

Sometimes I think the hardest part of a project is deciding which papers to use. lol. I cut the base of the frame out of white American Crafts cardstock. I used cardstock scraps for the elf.


The pattern paper pieces and elf (except for the body, since we need to fold him) went into my Xyron 9" Creative Station. I love my Creative Station for piecing these cut pieces together.


I find it easier to adhere the pattern pieces before assembling the frame. Once the pattern paper is in place, fold the tabs and use a fast drying glue or double sided tape to adhere.


The sides of the frame will be next. Fold each of the cardstock pieces on the score lines and glue at the corners. The sides are then glued onto the front panel. Next we adhere the front accent pattern paper onto the front frame piece.


This top piece will be glued to the front of the frame. Xyron's high tack double sided tape worked great for this! The back of the frame can be glued on in the same way.


Now we can assemble our elf. Before adding the eyes and nose layers, I used some chalk ink to make his cheeks rosy. Some foam adhesive keeps my elf folded up and gives him a little dimension.


Attach him to the frame with double sided tape so it looks like he is sitting there, bum lined up with the bottom of the frame. Attach a pom pom to his hat and give him a candy cane to hold with Xyron 3/16" adhesive dots.


Use your Xyron Mega Tape Runner to add your photo. This photo of my goddaughter is courtesy of 2 Chicks Photography (Twin Cities). It's perfect for this frame!



Supplies:
Pebbles: Home For Christmas papers, die cuts
SVGcuts: Santa's Helpful Elves Kit
Silhouette Cameo
American Crafts cardstock in white, foam adhesive
Xyron: 9" Creative Station, 3/16" adhesive dotsHigh Tack Double Sided Tape, Mega Tape Runner

Have you visited Santa yet? There is still time to make one of these before Christmas.
~Marcia

2 comments:

I love hearing what you think!