Sunday, August 31, 2014

Bridal Shower Party Favors - Imaginisce Inspiration

Hello blogging friends. I hope my friends in the States are enjoying the extended weekend. I know I am! I needed the extra time to help my daughter with her wedding plans. We are trying to narrow down a location still, but at least we have found her a dress!!!! I am working on party decor for her bridal shower at the moment. Let me show you the party favors I made with my Silhouette and the Imaginisce Black Ice collection ....




Here in a picture of the inside, filled with treats.



I love how these turned out! I know, picture overload.... but I wanted to show you the gorgeous pattern paper in this collection. I used my i-Magicut Ribbon cutter on the ribbon handles. I LOVE that tool. and Don't you just love those buttons!! These buttons are shank buttons. I punched a hole in the purse for the shank to go through. To make sure they stayed put, I used some Xyron adhesive dots on the back side of the button. I had one little problem though.... not all the lids wanted to stay closed tucked behind the button. I wanted to be able to open and close the lids, so I did not want to glue them shut. What to do? ... My new little Xyron Mini X 1" Sticker Maker came in real handy for making a velcro closure. Here is how I did it...

1. Cut your velcro strips into tiny rectangles.

2. Peel the velcro apart and run through your Xyron Sticker Maker.


 3. Adhere one side to the lid and the other side above the button on the purse.


The theme for the bridal shower is Breakfast at Tiffany's (thus the blue ribbon). I'll have to post other decor pieces after the shower :)

Supplies:
Imaginisce Black Ice pattern papers
Imaginisce i-Magicut Ribbon Cutter
Xyron Mini X 1" Sticker Maker
Xyron Tape Runner
Xyron Adhesive Dots
Buttons: Bazzill and my craft supply
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Silhouette
Lori Whitlock cut file

Thanks for stopping by.
~Marcia

1 comment:

  1. Marcia, your purses are so adorable. I love them!! Oh, congrats on your daughter's up-coming wedding!!

    ....And congrats on being named to the Clique Kits Design Team, too!! That is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!